Thursday 29 April 2010

Im fucked right off with work so im going to.......

Hands up. I havn't posted for a while. Been a bit busy surfing. But iI can tell you something. Right now I am FUCKED RIGHT OFF with my job. I also hate the people who work on my project. Solution? An AK47. And a new career as a shaper. I will post some pics of my new shaping venture as and when it happens whilst I wait for my black market AK to arrive.

First up was the visit to the blank manufacturer Homeblown in Cornwall. Yanis was a top guy, gave me loads of chat, and a tour of the factory. We then sat down and designed a 6'10" pintail single fin with 3 inches up through the middle, and a 7'2" carpet style. We machined out the blanks from stock foam. I still have loads to do however, like finishing, planing the stringer and turning the bottom rails.

Here are some pics.



Next week: The shaping barn gets some fittings....

No comments:

Post a Comment